All The Tools You Need To Own Your Role As An SLP
Crafted by a school-based SLP, this framework help's you refine your system of student support and data tracking WITH the time-saving and sanity keeping strategies necessary to keep up in this fast paced environment.
You will learn the foundational skills needed to start planning and putting together Literacy Based Therapy sessions that are functional and effective.
The session-by-session framework you can use to set up your therapy with confidence instead of overwhelm, frustration, confusion.
Fringe to the Framework
The fringe to the framework tool helps prepare you with those interwoven but essential pieces like data, engagement, adaptation, etc.
It's to stop asking "Am I doing this right?" when it comes to Literacy Based Therapy!
You've heard all the buzz about Literacy-Based therapy but are over-whelmed with all the information there. You've read the benefits can't figure out how to make it work in 30 minute sessions.
That's why you need THIS course!
A framework for busy SLPs who want to maximize their 30 minute sessions by harnessing the full potential of literature in speech therapy to help their kids achieve their goals.
By the end of this course you'll be able to:
- Confidently have Literacy-Based Therapy sessions instead of being frustrated and overwhelmed about how to start and what to do.
- Choose books that are a therapeutic fit therapy for instead of grabbing a book and hoping it works out.
- Engage and Re-engage kids so they are able to benefit from your session.
- Reduce plan time by following a session-by-session framework to have effective and engaging sessions.
- Target speech and language goals using books while giving students the practice and opportunities they need.
- Use strategies and information about how to tackle specific skills/goals with books.
- Choose the best data option and efficiently collect data for your student-specific goals as it relates to Literacy-Based Therapy.
The #1 SLP Support Tool Inside Level Up...
You will see strategies in action with mock therapy session videos showing you how to implement the Level Up framework as well as strategies for other skills.
What's Inside Level Up?
The background you need to know to move forward with effective Literacy Based Therapy
The foundational skills you'll need to start planning and putting together Literacy Based Therapy sessions that are functional and effective.
The session-by-session framework you can use to set up your therapy sessions with confidence instead of overwhelm, frustration, confusion.
The fringe to the framework to helps prepare you with those interwoven but essential pieces like data, engagement, adaptation, etc
Get ideas and examples on how to target specific skills and goals like vocabulary, pragmatics, speech sounds, comprehension, and more.
- Videos and slideshows to watch at your own pace.
- Lifetime access to the course so you re-watch for a refresher anytime you need.
- A Facebook group community with other literacy lovin' SLPs where the conversations and learning can keep going.
I'm Maureen Wilson!
I'm a school-based SLP for over a decade and someone who has questioned her skills, doubted her knowledge, and felt the confusion and overwhelm of trying to find a way to make speech therapy work for all my kids. Years of experience have given me the opportunity to work with students with many different strengths and needs and see just how powerful of tool literature can be.
The data nerd in me would light up when I saw a student's trend line ticking up. I would see students make the linguistic connections from skill to text. Even better, was seeing kids who previously would shy away from anything to do with a book get a confident smile on their face when it was their turn to participate. Those were the moments I felt like a good SLP who knew what they were doing and that I wanted to be able to have SLPs feel that way too.
Doors close on January 14th
It's time to help your students connect with literature. Whether you are right out of Grad School or a Veteran looking to add some new things to your toolbox.I'm ready to Level UP!
Who is Level Up For?
- SLPs who love using books in therapy but want to refine their sessions and take them to a new level
- SLPs who want to start using books in therapy but aren't sure where to start
- SLPs looking for fresh ideas for their therapy rooms